The Outer Hebrides - South Uist & Benbecula Expedition
Join us at Nautopp Kajakcenter Grebbestad on a extraordinary expedition to the Outer Herides. Just as with our expedition to the Shetland Isles we paddle the historical path of the Norse Men of Scandinavia. The Outer Herides with it´s dates back all the way to the 6th century were Greek and Roman tales talk about the island Hyperborea "Far to the north". This paddlers paradise serves you with snow white beaches, remote stretches of coast and campsites spiced with cosy narrow inlets and historical sites around every corner. We spend six days living out of our kayaks exploring the coast around South Uist and Benbecula. The Expedition ends with a night at a local hostel and a common dinner.
READ MORE ABOUT THE OVERVIEW OF THIS EXPEDITION BELOW UNDER "MORE INFO".
You need have prior experience in sea kayaking (Solid wet exit, paddle and maneuver comfortably in intermediate winds and waves) and sleeping in a tent also cook your own food out in the wilderness. You need to have the physical stamina and be mentally prepared to paddle 20-30km per day and be of normal healthy condition.
- Guidence, planning preparation and organisationn during the 6 day expedition.
- Guides will be the dream duo Torbjörn Söderholm & James Stevenson educated in BC, ACA, ISKGA and Remote Emergency Care.
- Kayaks from SKUK, paddles from Celtic. If you which to have Buoyancy aids, spraydecks and/or kitchen stove please ask us as this can be arranged.
- All safety equipment as in first aid, flares, rockets, PLB´s, VHF, Bivy bags and tow lines.
- Instructions in paddling technique will be given if needed or desired.
- Tent spot at a holiday park first night on the Hebrides.
- Part in a double room on a hostel last night at the Hebrides. Single bed occupancy comes with an extra cost.
- All ferry tickets to and from the Hebrides.
- Transportation by car of people and equipment during our time on the Hebrides.
26th of August to 2nd of September 2018
14.500 SEK / person
(Price per person ( 20% Booking fee - rest amount will be invoiced 60 days before Expedition start)