Winter kayaking & Night navigation
During two days we guide you through the importances of paddling in an cold water environment. We mix theoretical and practical sessions and focus on how to dress properly, rescue one self and others in cold water and of course how we survive in an remote situation during winter. Fire lighting and means of communication in a survival situation are some of the topics of the two days that we will touch upon together with a night navigation in the dark.
- Paddling in cold waters.
- Equipment and layering for winter paddling.
- Night navigation
- Rescues group and alone i cold waters.
- Basic survival skills in a cold coastal climate during winter. (fire lighting, shelter, food etc)
- Leadership pricples in an cold water environment
- Navigation and group control in poor visibility or during night.
- Hypotermia, frost bite, cold water shock - prevent and cure.
- Sea survival - How does our body react to cold water practically and theoretically.
- Course holder Torbjörn Söderholm ISKGA Advanced Guide.
A Suitable course for paddlers with intermediate experience. You are interested in learning more about paddling in the colder months, you have a solid wet exit.
If you don´t have your own equipment and wan to rent dry suites, kayaks, paddles and so on please ask us as this can be given with a discout.