Getting Started - Euro Paddel Pass Novice 1 Yellow Technique & Safety in Grebbestad
This course is great if you have no sea kayaking experience at all or very little. On our courses we use the Euro Paddel Pass system as a guide line for instructions. This is a well known system all over the world and in the end you'll get a signed participation card saying that you have taken part in this course.
You will learn important basics about equipment, safety and how to maneuver your kayak. We will guide you through the basic techniques of getting in and out of a kayak, forward and backward strokes and how to turn, move sideways and stop your kayak
in a sheltered environment. You will learn how to capsize your kayak and evacuate during a so called “wet exit”. We will also learn an “assisted rescue” which will teach you how to rescue a fellow paddler if he/she capsizes and also play around with balance as a form of self rescue. We make sure that, at all times, you feel comfortable and happy with the progress. We will have a friendly and safe environment in which you are challenged but not pushed out of your stretch zone. We work with small groups of a maximum of 6 persons and have a close communication through out the day.
We start the day at 10.00 AM at our kayak center and while we enjoy a coffee we have a quick chat about the days activity. Soon everybody will get their personal kayak and equipment and we start the practical part of the course. Along the day we'll vary different subjects as techniques, theory and rescues. We'll have lunch on an island if the weather is good and the course also allow us a short day trip as we practice what we learnt. The goal of this course is that you'll be able to safe and efficient paddle within a group environment.
What is Euro Paddel pass?
Euro Paddle Pass is a framework of paddle sport competency
in all kayaking/canoeing disciplines involving 11 National Federations across Europe.
Each National Paddlesport certification system meets the requirements
of the EPP standard within a specific discipline and ranging from levels 1 to 5.
Country members are: Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland
- You must be able to swim 25m dressed in a buoyancy aid but no further experience is required.
- Your kayak and equipment
- Posture, power transfer and balance
- Launching and landing from land and docks the right way to avoid capsize
- Basic strokes- forward, backward, sweeps, draw strokes we also touch on edging when turning and bracing for support.
- Wet exit and swimming with your kayak
- Assisted rescues
- Certifierad EPP Instructor or instructor certified within BC, ACA, NPF
- Fully equipped sea kayak (kayak, buoyancy aid, paddle, spray skirt, bilge pump)
- Clothes for kayaking (jacket, pants and shoes)
- Participation card after completion of the course
- Bring your own lunch
One day - 10.00 am - 5.00 pm
Min/ max group size:
Min 4 persons
Max 6 person